Oh Madeleines they are my weakness, I adore making this yummy little French cakes. Easy to make and oh so good, this time I added some chocolate to them, Green and Blacks toffee it was divine.
- 2 eggs
- 75g sugar
- pinch of salt
- 90g flour (about a cup)
- 3g of baking soda
- grated zest of 1/2 a lemon
- 90g melted butter, still liquid but cold
- one spoon of runny honey
- a few drops of vanilla essence
- your favorite chocolate broken up
- melt the butter and keep it to one side
- whip the eggs with sugar and salt then slowly add the sifted flour and baking powder, lemon and vanilla essence.
- Mix until smooth then add the melted butter and honey and leave to chill for 30 minutes
- bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
What will you add to yours?