This is a quick and easy soup, I made with limited ingredients in the fridge and it was really good.
- 2 heads of broccoli chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 cups of vegetable stock
- 1/2 pack of mushrooms
- olive oil
- 1/4 red onion
- Italian herbs
- soft cheese as desired
- saute the onion in the olive oil with the mushrooms and garlic and herbs, then add the broccoli and stock and simmer for 10-15 minutes until soft
- use a hand blender to blend and mix in some soft cheese
I also want to share an article I wrote for allisluv.com a wonderful site for woman about life and love.
Moms: Be Yourself
All too often I feel moms get caught up in the hustle and bustle of busy family life and being a good mom, and they forget to be themselves. Remember who you were before your little one or little ones came along, the career, going out with friends, shopping for clothes and having your time. I feel it’s important to keep being yourself, making time to exercise, getting your hair done, going on a course, or whatever you desire.
Your identity should be you as an awesome and talented go-getting individual first for someone to look up to and follow because in no time at all, your child or children will grow up. Find their own path and start their own journey. Of course, you will always be their mom and have a special place in their hearts, but where will you be if you live your life through your children?
Here are some tips to still be you:
- Attend professional meetings and network. If you stay home with your children, stay in the loop and up to date so it’s easier to join the workforce later on.
- Make time to exercise and to take care of your body.
- Don’t let naptime be all about chores. Your body is your most important asset.
- Make time to see your girlfriends and laugh. Continue to put on makeup and buy nice clothes and be a sexy momma!
- Follow your dreams -- it will inspire your kids in more ways than you can ever imagine.
for more great tips check out the site....