Happy Valentines everyone I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your loved ones, I made a chocolate brownie cake and sprinkled a little heart on the top, I am not so good at cake decorating as you can see. The recipe for the cake is below, I must confess it was better the last time I made it I think I was too distracted playing with Jasmine, aw well, its the thought that counts and isn't that what valentines is all about, small gestures to show folks you love them.
For Healthy Bread in 5 minutes a day we had to make red beet buns, I didn't make these but did make the chocolate espresso bread. This was awesome you add coffee and cocoa to the bread dough and I added some coconut preserve to the top. It wasn't sweet but just right.
Chocolate Brownie Cake:
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- one cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- one teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/3 cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 very ripe banana's mashed
- one teaspoon baking powder
- let butter melt a little
- cream butter and sugar for a few minutes
- then add in the eggs, flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa and banana
- add to a cake tin and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes
Love to you all, give everyone you love a hug and a big kiss!