I made a lovely new friend recently called Kristen, she emailed me to ask me questions about being an Entrepreneurial dietitian to a talk she was giving to students. She is a wonderful diabetes educator and personal trainer. She even volunteers on the board of a food pantry in Clemmons an area she doesn't even live in. Through her I made contact with them and volunteer by helping with their social media fell free to follow on twitter @Clemmonspantry. She came to visit me one day and brought me a lovely pineapple such a treat I chopped it up and thought wouldn't it be cool to make mini pineapple upside down cupcakes. They turned out really well and were wonderfully moist.
- 2 small eggs
- 4 oz of self raising flour
- 4 oz sugar
- 4 oz butter
- a about 1/4 cup of icing sugar
- 1/4 of a chopped pineapple or enough to add a few chunks to the base of about 8 cupcake papers
- cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- add the eggs and flour
- meanwhile line a muffin pan with cupcake paper and add a few chunks of pineapple to the bottom of each
- then add the cake batter to about 1/2 way up to allow space to rise
- bake at 350 for about 15 minutes
- if desired make some icing by mixing icing sugar/confectioners sugar with water and top with a cherry
Do you do any volunteer work?