One of my all time favorite desserts is Key lime pie, I always have one every time I go to Florida :-), I recently made peppermint creams with Jasmine mainly as she loves using cookie cutters and coloring them, they were hardly eaten but had fun making them. I looked on the side of the condensed milk and saw a recipe for key lime pie, so easy. I just had to make a couple of mini ones, I used digestive biscuits (British cookies) for the base and garnished with some peel.
- 4 digestive biscuits crushed
- 2 tablespoon of butter
- about 2/3 of a can of condensed milk
- juice of one lime and some peel for garnish
- crush the biscuits mix with melted butter, line a couple of ramekins
- and bake for 5 minutes at 350
- meanwhile mix lime juice with condensed milk
- add lime mixture to ramekins and put in fridge over night
- enjoy the next day
This would be fun to make ahead for a dinner party :-)
Is there a food you have to have when you visit a particular place?
Have a wonderful weekend everyone