I got this amazing recipe from Angie's blog, Angie's Recipes Taste of Home, I started reading her blog shortly after I started blogging and was amazed at the range of dishes she can cook, Asian dishes, German, cakes, bread, amazing salads the list goes on. This chicken dish is easy to make and I love the fresh chives. Its quite similar to a German/Swiss dish I cooked - Zurcher Geschnetzeltes with Spaetzle (pork and noodles!) and just love it. I made it just like Angie's minus the mustard.
Again thanks to blogging my little family got another great meal on the table love you all.
- about 4 slices of thin chicken breast, I found it like this in the store, or you can pound a chicken breast to make it thin
- 2 shallots sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- about 10 mushrooms sliced
- about 2-3 tablespoons of all purpose flour
- one small pack of fresh chives, thinly chopped
- about 2 tablespoon of sour cream
- about 1/4 cup white wine
- one cup of chicken broth
- coat the chicken in flour and pan fry about 3-4 minutes on each side in olive oil until 3/4 cooked then keep to one side
- then saute the shallots, garlic and mushrooms in olive oil for 5 minutes
- add the white wine and chicken broth and let it reduce a little
- add the chicken back in and simmer for 10-15 minutes near the end mix in the sour cream and chopped chives
- serve with your favorite pasta, mashed potato or rice.
Hope your all having a super weekend I have been busy cleaning and packing for our big trip down under! can't wait fly on Monday meeting a dietitian friend on Thursday and then a food bloggers meet up in Melbourne!
Will try and post pictures to the Chow and Chatter facebook page and blog, tweet as I get wifi :-)
Love to you all, I will try to visit your blogs but if I don't you know why :-)