So excited to share my first fish tacos with you all, I have eaten them at restaurants mostly in Florida one of my favorite is a place called Pelican landing a small pub/bar at the Hyatt Regency pier 66 in Fort Lauderdale the food is so so but the views are amazing and you don't need to be at the hotel to eat there. Its at the intersection of two waterways and you can watch the multimillion dollar yachts and their crews.
But maybe just have a drink there for the view and make the tacos at home!
I didn't realize how easy they were to cook, until I saw them on a food blog the other day thats what I love about blogs, it inspired me to come up with Rebecca's version :-)
- 2 steaks of halibut - for me always sustainable wild Alaskan
- a about a tablespoon of olive oil for marinade
- 1/2 a teaspoon of cumin
- a dash of oregano
- a pinch of chili powder or more if you like spicy
- salt to taste
- about a tablespoon of fresh chopped cilantro
- a pinch of turmeric
- 1/2 a zucchini sliced
- a few mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 red onion sliced
- soft tacos of your choice, corn or flour
- one avocado sliced
- a few tomatoes sliced
- a little sour cream
- mixed greens
- a little grated cheese
- marinate the fish in the olive oil with all the spices for one- two hours
- then grill the onions, mushrooms and vegetables and keep to one side an inside or outside grill works
- then grill the fish and cut into pieces, halibut or mahi mahi naturally forms chunks
- now for the fun part making the tacos - heat a tacos - over a flame if you have one - add fish, grilled vegetables, mixed greens, tomato, avocado, sour cream, cheese and enjoy !
Has anyone else made fish tacos and got a recipe to share ?