Yipee finally starting to feel better last week was rough but we all have weeks like that :-), one high point was making a big pot of chicken noodle soup and living off it!, thanks Heather also known as Girlichef for sharing your wonderful recipe. Its a great recipe full of flavor, I cheated a little and used store bought stock but you will find the first step of boiling the chicken with bones adds a great depth of flavor.
Chicken Noodle soup Inspired by Girlichef
- 4lb of bone in chicken, I used leg quarters
- one gallon of chicken stock
- a few sprigs of fresh thyme and parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- a little fresh grated ginger
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 4 celery stalks chopped
- 4 big carrots chopped
- about a cup of extra wide noodles
- add the chicken and first 6 ingredients to the stock/save and boil for about 25 minutes, allow it to cool then remove chicken from the bone and strain the broth
- add the broth back to the pot with the vegetables and chicken and simmer for a further 20-25 minutes and serve.
- This soup makes wonderful leftovers :-)
Have a great start to your week all, we are heading the the parks !! he he