First of all a big shout of to Nisrine of Dinners and Dreams, she has guest posted on chow and chatter, and has a wonderful food blog filled with Moroccan master pieces on her side bar she has a link to her cookbook be sure to visit.
This was on her blog recently and I have made it twice in two weeks!, its easy to make and super tasty.
- 2 large chicken legs (I removed skin thats the RD in me!)
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped (original recipe minced - I was lazy)
- a generous sprinkling of sumac about 2 tablespoons - a plant grown in the Middle East and Turkey known to impart a citrus flavor, I have also added to salads before.
- sea salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- olive oil to coat chicken
- coat the chicken in sumac, garlic, salt and pepper and olive oil and bake in Le Creuset type container at 400 for 30 minutes with the cover on
- after 30 minutes take of lid and bake another 30 minutes
- its a simple as that and oh so good
I served it with cous cous.
Blogging has really changed my life the fun of it and community has been amazing. I was asked to speak to the Greensboro Social Media club last night, it was a lot of fun I meet some lovely folks and cool marketers and its such a priveledge to be called a food blogger, what a great community
thanks for having me