Here's a nice easy way to make a fish curry, flavorful, spicy and made in a jiffy!
- one small chopped onion
- a teaspoon of ginger/garlic paste
- 2 dried chili's
- 4 small tomatoes chopped
- one can of canned Herring (rich in Omega 3), I get in World Market its German
- 1/4 tamarind juice, I use dried tamarind (can be found in Indian store) soak in hot water and add juice
- one tablespoon masala powder
- salt to taste
- fry onion, ginger, garlic paste in canola oil
- add tomatoes, salt and masala powder and simmer on low until it reduces down to a paste/sauce - 15 minutes
- then add fish and tamarind and simmer for a further 10 minutes
- love simple meals like this when hubby needs a spicy dish and I am cooking something else at the same time!
Hope everyone's week is going well, what's your favorite fish?