I made this easy and super delicious Vietnamese pork chop I got the inspiration from Xiao Yen Recipes, a wonderful blog filled with yummy eats. Oh and we had a great time at the children's museum if its been a while since you visited one grab a kid and have a good time!
Adapted from Xiao Yen Recipes
- two large pork chops
- 4 large tablespoon of frozen lemon grass and chili mix, from Asian store, I struggle to get good quality fresh but the original uses this
- 1/2 a red onion sliced
- 4 cloves of chopped garlic
- 4 tablespoon of soy sauce
- one tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon of fish sauce
- some oil
- combine all the ingredients and marinate for a few hours (better overnight but I wasn't that organized he he)
- add heavy bottomed pan, I used Le Creuset and fry onion and brown pork chops on each side
- then add the rest of ingredients back and bake at 350 for 40 minutes
Serve with Jasmine rice and steamed vegetables, this one is a keeper its so easy to make and packed with flavor.
What's your favorite new recipe you have made lately, feel free to link for me to try them!!
Oh and I am sending this for Two for Tuesdays - REAL FOOD