I made this wonderful salad last week and got to try out the Sumac seasoning I got in the Spice Bazaar. Sumac is a plant the drupe or flowering part is ground to make a spice powder that imparts a citrus taste. I was fortunate to receive some Chaumes cheese from ILE de France a Southwestern French Soft Cheese, with a creamy taste and lovely texture.
- a big bowl full of mixed greens
- one tomato quartered
- a hand full of blueberries
- one small Persian cucumber sliced
- one tablespoon of good quality extra virgin olive oil
- one tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- sumac powder sprinkled on the top to taste
- about 8 wedges of chaumes
- simple toss all the ingredients together and enjoy with fresh ciabatta or a French baguette
So Turkish spiced cod, Turkish meatballs and a Turkish spiced salad has been featured on the blog.
Now onto the fun part, I brought back an extra pack of meatball spice and sumac to giveaway from Istanbul's Spice Bazaar, all you have to do is leave a comment with what you plan to cook!
Its open to anyone, anywhere in the World.
I will announce the winner picked at random next Friday June 25th
happy cooking with new spices!