I made Turkish Meatballs last week, easy to make and very tasty. Made with the meatball spice I got in the bazaar -
Köfte Spice (Meatball Spice)
This is a spice mix composed of coriander, black pepper, cloves, bay leaves and wild thyme. - So you can make your own LOL
- one pack of lean beef mince (ground chuck)
- one small onion chopped
- 1/2 a bunch of parsley chopped
- one egg
- 2 slices of bread crumbled
- 2 tablespoons of meatball spice
- a little salt
- 4 cloves of garlic
- one can of chopped tomatoes
- mix all of the ingredients together except the can of tomatoes
- heat some olive oil in a thick bottomed pan then add the meatballs and slowly cook for 10 minutes stirring all the time to brown evenly
- then add the tomatoes and reduce down to a simmer for 20-30 minutes
In Turkey it was served with mashed potatoes but we ate ours with rice and broccoli.
Later this week I will share a salad recipe with the sumac spice mix and allow you to leave comments to win a packet of sumac and meatball spice in the giveaway!- stay tuned.
I am sending this post to Girlichefs two for tuesdays all about REAL food, made from Scratch.
I adore Girlichef in fact her blog was one of the first I started reading she is my first guest on Wednesday 23rd at 6pm on Chow and Chatter Radio!!!