The second day in the Cotswolds I got out my spices I had bought in the Istanbul Spice bazaar and cooked cod for my Grandparents. We got a great deal on the fresh cod in the grocery store this dish is a twist on the British classic!
- 2 fillets of cod
- about 2 tablespoon of Turkish fish spice mix
- one pack of new potatoes
- one bunch of fresh parsley
- one cup of 2 % milk
- one tablespoon of corn flour
- one tablespoon of butter
- any desired vegetables
- Simply coat the fish with the spices and cook on a medium heat in a little olive oil with a lid for about 7 minutes
- meanwhile boil the potatoes and vegetables
- make a white parsley sauce by heating the butter, adding the flour to make a roux and then slowly stirring in the milk, add the parsley and allow to thicken.
This was enjoyed by all, it was such a joy to cook for Grandma and Granddad ;-)
the fish mix is coming up in the giveaway, watch this space!!
What is your favorite way to cook fish?
Finally I am launching a Chow and Chatter Blog Talk Radio Join me Wednesday June 9th at 6 EST USA to hear about Istanbul's amazing spice bazaar!
Lauren - I think its curry powder - Curry Powder
A spice blend consisting of cumin, pepper, turmeric, cloves, cardamom, ginger, nutmeg, tamarind and hot red pepper.