This was another meal I cooked in the Cotswolds, it was easy to prepare and very tasty with limited ingredients on hand.
- 2 packs of bacon (oh I love British bacon more meat and less fat than American)
- 2 small onions chopped
- one cup of frozen peas
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- one tablespoon of corn flour
- one tablespoon of butter
- one pack of spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- a pinch of chili powder
- one pack of shell pasta or any type
- one pack of chopped mushrooms
- a little cheese of choice all I had was a baby bell!
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- heat a little olive oil and saute the chopped bacon with onions, white wine and garlic for 5 minutes
- then add the spinach and let it reduce down add the mushrooms and peas and salt and pepper and chili powder
- continue to simmer on low heat for 10 minutes
- meanwhile cook the pasta until al dente and make a white sauce by heating the butter adding corn flour to make roux and slowly adding in the milk and cheese
- mix sauce with bacon and vegetables and serve over pasta
It was so much fun to cook with my Grandma she said that the way I cook its like a cooking show and was fascinated watching me, so funny!
The village Bourton on the Water on the last night we saw a hot air ballon
Feeding the ducks, next time you visit a park with ducks take some bread no matter how old you are its still fun!
When was the last time you fed ducks?
oh and I did my first Blogtalk radio show for Chow and Chatter on Istanbul's Spice Bazaar feel free to click on the icon on the top right of the blog to listen, feedback is welcome!