I made this delicious rice dish last week, not sure what to call it but its packed with flavor from bacon, smoked Spanish paprika, beans and stock. Its easy to make also high in fiber, nutrients and protein with the beans and brown rice.
- 4 rashers of bacon
- 1/2 a red onion
- one cup of brown rice
- a medium tomato diced
- one can of black beans drained
- one cup of chicken stock
- 4 cloves of chopped garlic
- one tablespoon of smoked paprika
- cook the bacon till crispy and save for later
- then saute onion, garlic in olive oil for 5 minutes add the tomato and let it reduce down to a paste
- add paprika, uncooked rice, one cup of stock and one cup of water with black beans and boil for about 20 minutes until water is evaporated and the rice is cooked.
- sprinkle with bacon and enjoy
I like to eat mine with vegetables and egg, it also makes a wonderful packed lunch.
Have a great start to the week everyone :-)