So after making the pumpkin infused cous cous I had another half of a New Zealand winter squash to use, I simply kept in the fridge till the next day and preceded to make a simple soup with it.
So happy I have begun cooking with pumpkin and squash lots of fun and it truly adds a rich, sweet taste. Its one of my favorite times of year with the leaves changing, mild weather and pumpkin patches America's love of fall is infectious and puts a smile on my face.
- half a roasted New Zealand winter squash
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 a chopped red onion
- 1/2 a glass of white wine
- one teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 cups of vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup of fresh orange juice and one tablespoon of orange zest
- saute onion and garlic in olive oil, add the squash for 10 minutes
- then add the stock, wine, orange juice and zest and boil for 10 minutes
- then blend the soup with a hand blender
- serve with a sprinkle of cinnamon and enjoy :-)
Love the British girl in North Carolina