Here's another simple recipe (what Chow and Chatter is all about :-)) I simply roasted vegetables with garlic and shallots and mixed with Gnocchi. I am slowly plucking up the courage to try making Gnocchi especially after reading Kristy's lovely blog My Little Space she made it look straight forward.
Who else has made it?
- one pack of pumpkin gnocchi another cool find, but it did make my chuckle as the pumpkin only made up 1% of the ingredients!
- 4 cloves of garlic
- olive oil
- one zucchini sliced
- a few cherry tomatoes halfed
- 1/2 an eggplant thinly sliced
- 3 small shallots sliced
- heat your oven to 350 and place a roasting pan with eggplant, garlic, shallots, and zucchini on it and roast for about 15 minutes until soft
- meanwhile saute the tomatoes in olive oil and cook the gnocchi and combine!
Here follows a few snaps from our little trip to Asheville NC unfortunately the leaves haven't changed all that much but still was fun, met Sommer for lunch had a stroll downtown then enjoyed The Grove Park inn for a night (they have web specials still expensive but the view from the restaurant is so worth it, you can see all the Blue Ridge Mountains!)
our two little babies with pumpkins!
Asheville is blessed with great cupcake shops (These are from Cupcakes Mcmullin sisters and I got great sandwiches and bread from The City Bakery)
Meeting Sommer from The Spicy Perspective a very talented food blogger who teaches cooking classes in her home, be sure to check out her blog.
I got a chocolate orange cupcake there wow what a great combo what's your favorite combo?