Yes you read it right, I marinated salmon in grapefruit juice and it really is a great way to cook salmon. I figured lemon is often paired with fish so why not grapefruit. I love grapefruit and Jasmine and I share one every morning with a little sugar on it. I also want to mention that I have Fernando De Valle a World famous Opera singer on my radio show tomorrow at 5 pm talking about life as a world class artist and how to prevent diabetes.
The coolest thing for me personally is that his publicist approached me asking if I would like to have him on the show :-), hope you can tune in
- 2 large wild Alaskan salmon steaks
- 4 large potatoes chopped
- one bunch of spinach
- 4 cloves of garlic
- some olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- about 1/4 cup of grapefruit juice with a teaspoon of sugar and a few segments of grapefruit
- tablespoon of butter and 1/4 cup milk to mash potatoes
- 1/4 chopped red onion
- soak salmon in olive oil, salt and pepper and grapefruit juice for a couple of hours
- then poach it in the oil and juice for about 10 minutes until cooked
- meanwhile saute fresh spinach with a little olive oil, garlic and red onion for 10 minutes
- boil potatoes and mash them
- serve and enjoy, go on don't be put of because its different it tastes great!
Has anyone else got any cool savory grapefruit dishes to share?