This is a delightfully simple and tasty dish can be a main meal or a great light lunch, would also be great packed. I loved the combination of barley and orzo. Barley is a super nutritious whole grain rich in protein, I made a salad with roasted butternut squash once so good.
- 1/2 cup of orzo and 1/2 a cup of barley cooked according to instructions, typically you boil each for about 10 minutes
- a good handful of spinach
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 of a red onion chopped
- a handful of crumbled feta
- a tablespoon of white balsamic vinegar
- cook the barley and orzo and keep to one side
- mean while saute the onions and garlic in olive oil until fragrant about 4 minutes
- add the spinach little by little and let it cook down
- remove from heat mix in the orzo and barley, white balsamic and feta cheese, a little salt and pepper to taste and serve
We visited a local Blueberry farm yesterday.
Reich's on Ebert Road in Winston Salem, it was so much fun the kids liked it and love how excited they are as they eat these nutritious gems rich in antioxidants saying that they picked them.