I made these biscotti recently always such nice treats with an afternoon tea, love biscotti I have made it a few times now, once with zucchini although this one was really a saved recipe as it was a soggy bread turned biscotti, a mocha spice one, walnut and maple the possibilities are endless.
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoon of honey
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- a handful of almonds - chopped a little
- 2 small eggs
1. Preheat oven to 375 and grease cookie sheet
2. beat egg, oil and sugar together, then add the honey
3. slowly add in flour and baking powder , nuts and stir it makes a thick and sticky mixture.
4. put on cookie sheet and press down to 1/2 inch thickness.
5. Bake for 25-30 min until golden brown, then remove and let it cool
6. slice the biscotti then bake for about 3 minutes on each side, in fact the word biscotti in Italian means twice baked
Enjoy with a nice cup of tea ;-)
My Mum and Dad arrive on Monday from Scotland very excited to see them and adore watching the kids play with Grandma and Granddad,
Have a wonderful weekend