I made this wonderful fish dish recently, you lightly saute spinach and arugula with garlic and onion and then roll sole around it and cook en papillote, its fun to make and looks really pretty. I plan to make another version today stuffing it with ratatouille:-)
- one small bunch of chopped spinach
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- the juice of a small orange
- slices of an orange
- one handful of arugula
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slices of sole
- tooth picks to hold fish parcels together
- parchment paper to steam in oven
- 1/4 of a red onion chopped
- saute the onion, with garlic in olive oil for 3 minutes
- then add the spinach and arugula and let it reduce down.
- keep this to one side
- lay the sole down on parchment paper fill with about a tablespoon of the spinach mixture and gently roll using tooth picks to hold it together, top with a couple of slices of fresh orange, a little salt and pepper and a drizzle of orange juice, and olive oil, and wrap the parchment paper around it to form a little parcel, foil also works.
- bake at 450 F for 12-18 min until the fish is opaque remove the tooth picks and serve with rice, potatoes, quinoa or cous cous the choose is yours
We visited Pinehurst this weekend, I attended The North Carolina Dietetic Annual Meeting and Conference where I spoke on How to be a Global RD and embrace other folks cultures and cuisines effectively. It went well with great feedback. The resort was lovely and the area pretty with all the pine trees and historic buildings. The kids enjoyed hanging out with Grandma and Granddad there.
the wee man on Granddad Harley :-) he wasn't so sure :-)
Have a fun filled week everyone