I must admit I am not a great baker, I have a few tried and true recipes like this one of my Grandma's and madeleines I wish I had inherited her baking gene, but alas at least I can cook. This is lovely light cake made with coffee added and a coffee icing.
My Grandma's coffee cake
Tips from my Grandma - weigh eggs and then use the same weight of flour, sugar and butter, this really works.
- 2 medium eggs
- 4 oz of self raising flour (the same weight of the eggs)
- 4 oz of butter, softened
- 4 oz sugar
- 1/4 of a cup of cold coffee
- make a cup of coffee and allow it to cool
- mix the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
- add the eggs and the flour, I used a light cake flour
- add about 1/4 cup of the coffee
- line a round baking tin with grease proof paper and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes until a knife comes out clean
- for the icing mix a about 1/4 a cup of coffee with confectioners/icing sugar until you get a paste cover the cake and grate some chocolate over it allow it to set.
so go on help yourself
Here is our wee guy in his halloween outfit at Jasmines pre school he was hilarious walking around everywhere getting lolly pops
sweet Jasmine was cinderella :-)
My darlings, I can't say it enough being a Mum is the best thing in the world
Hugs and take a seat, I will bring you a cup of coffee and a slice of cake one of the only ones I can make so its extra special :-)