I saw this wonderful Italian recipe on Dajana's blog Baker's Corner its one of my favorite blogs and one of the first one's I started to follow when I started blogging nearly 4 years ago. She is a talented cook and baker and a loving Mum and Wife living in Italy. This recipe intrigued me as its basically a pancake batter baked in the oven, making a delicious and simply tart. I added figs and zucchini blossoms from my garden.
- 2 small zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 4 Tbsp grated parmigiano cheese
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 clove of garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
- slice the zucchini and add salt, allow to set for about 20 minutes then rinse and dry with paper towel to remove the moisture
- mix the egg with the milk and flour with a hand blender to get a smooth thin batter add salt and pepper, the garlic and parmesan. Its fine to add more milk if needed, I think I will next time to make it a little thinner.
- Add to a baking dish and place, fig, zucchini and zucchini blossoms on the top
- bake in a hot oven at 420 for about 20 minutes until golden brown
- add some extra parmesan when serving