Here's another story of noticing a recipe on the back of a packet. I bought some tofu and it had a nice marinade recipe so this dish is inspired from that. All in all a tasty and healthy meal. Tofu is made from soy milk and a coagulate it is a rich source of protein, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Copper and Selenium, and a very good source of Calcium when Calcium is used as a coagulant.
- one pack of silken tofu
- 1/2 a head of broccoli chopped
- 3 small bunches of baby bok choy sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger/garlic paste
- for the marinade - 2 tablespoon of soy sauce, 2 tablespoon of mirin, a dash of sesame oil, one tablespoon of honey, 1/4 teaspoon of ginger/garlic paste
- one pack of Chinese egg noodles
- a handful of fresh Thai basil
- two tablespoon of oyster sauce
- one tablespoon of soy sauce
- a sprinkle of sugar
- a dash of sesame oil
- soak the tofu in the marinade for a couple of hours
- then bake it at 300 for about 20-30 minutes, then slice into little cubes and braise for 10 minutes, it will have a darker color and firmer texture.
- heat a little canola oil, add a little ginger/garlic paste and sesame oil
- saute the bok choy and broccoli for 5-10 minutes, add the basil leaves a little sugar, soy sauce and oyster sauce
- meanwhile cook the noodles, then mix with the vegetables and tofu
- serve and enjoy
Who cooks with tofu, do you have any good recipes to share?
Have a lovely start to the week everyone