I know I know another Parfait recipe :-), blogs are filled with them right now, but why not its easy, healthy and a nice light summer dessert. I got a big box of blackberries last week from the farmers market and to be honest they were a tad tart for me. So a great way to use fruit like this is to simply cook them with some sugar and make a sauce. This can be used for parfaits, with oatmeal or save for later in the freezer.
- one pint/ big box of blackberries
- 1/2 cup of sugar or as desired depending on what level of sweetness you desire.
- 1/2 cup of low fat natural yoghurt
- and a generous handful of muesli
- cook the blackberries with sugar until they reduce down, about 10 - 15 minutes allow it to cool
- get a little glass add yogurt, then the fruit and the muesli
So who else is on the parfait bandwagon?
On another note I am co hosting #frifotos on twitter tomorrow, its one of my favorite hash tags each friday all day folks share pictures related to a given theme. This week its summer, be that a beach, a pool, summer produce come join folks around the world, tag your picture and enjoy others :-)