Channa Masala is one of my favorite Indian dishes, its packed with nutrients such as protein, fiber and folate and it tastes delicious. My other favorite is aloo gobi, recipe coming up this week.
I am going to try and make hubby more Indian dishes as poor guy due to the fact Jasmines palate still doesn't like spice he hasn't had it as often as before :-)
- one cup of pre soaked chick peas, I soaked mine overnight
- 3 small tomatoes
- 2 green chillis or red dried ones work well
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoon masala powder
- teaspoon cumin powder
- teaspoon coriander powder
- salt to taste
- teaspoon mustard seeds
- handful of curry leaves
- pressure cook the channa/chick peas for 2 whistles
- in another pan heat some canola oil and pop the mustard seeds, add the green chili, curry leaves onion and saute for 3 minutes
- then add the tomatoes, spices and reduce down to a paste for 10-15 minutes
- add the cooked channa and a little water, salt and masala powder if desired, taste to see if more spice is needed.
I actually kept a few cooked chick peas for Jasmine without the spice and she snacked on them :-)
What are your favorite Indian dishes?
and the giveaway for the Chai from India is Leslie drop me a line with your address