I made this biscotti for my Dad coming a few weeks back, he's very partial to cake and with two wee ones, cooking a meal and a cake on the same day I felt was a tad amibitious so I wanted something that I could make one or two day's ahead of time.
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- a handful of walnuts - chopped a little
- 2 tablespoon of maple syrup
- a teaspoon of maple sugar
- one large egg
1. Preheat oven to 375 and grease cookie sheet
2. beat egg, oil and sugar together
3. slowly add in flour and baking powder , nuts and stir it makes a thick and sticky mixture.
4. put on cookie sheet and press down to 1/2 inch thickness.
5. Bake for 25-30 min until golden brown, then remove and let it cool
6. slice the biscotti then bake for about 3 minutes on each side, in fact the word biscotti in Italian means twice baked :-)
7. I then melted some chocolate and drizzled it over the top.
These lovely plates and tea cups were sent from my Grandma I thought I would attempt better pictures, he he, at the time my wee guy was crying in his high chair and Jasmine was begging to drink the tea from the pretty china cup. So I tried :-)
Here she is carefully sipping it as Mummy told her not to break it :-)
and here's our adorable little man
So excited as later this week, I will be sipping tea with my Grandparents and introducing them to Roshan and letting them catch up with Jasmine, its been over a year since I have been to the UK and can't wait to see them. Also my Grandma's chocolate cake is amazing Roshan will go to town on it for sure!