I made this lovely mushroom soup recently it was super easy and deliciously creamy, my little daughter loves mushrooms and loved the pack of wild mushrooms we got that day. She makes me smile as she really likes mushrooms and often picks enoki when we go shopping.
- 2 cups of vegetable stock
- a dash of white wine
- about 2 tablespoon of butter
- 1/2 an onion chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- one pack of baby bella mushrooms and one small pack (about a cup) of mixed wild mushrooms
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley chopped
- saute the onions and garlic in butter
- add the mushrooms keeping a few for garnish and saute for about 8 minutes
- add the wine, parsley and stock and simmer for an hour
- blend until smooth
- season with salt and pepper and serve
and remember mushrooms are super healthy rich in Fiber, Protein, Vitamin C, Folate, Iron, Zinc and Manganese, and a very good source of Vitamin D, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Potassium, Copper and Selenium.
Have a wonderful start to the week everyone :-)