Anchovies are an ingredient I haven't used before, I always wondered how these little fish melted away and made a tasty sauce. So I made this simple pasta dish, super easy and tasty, must admit not really my cup of tea but hubby liked it :-)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- one small can of anchovies with capers
- little pinch of red chili flakes
- one cup of spinach
- handful of linguini
- Freshly ground black pepper.
1. cook the linguine in salted water for about 7 minutes until al dente, keep some of the cooking liquid
2. heat the olive oil add the garlic, anchovies and red pepper flakes, slowly reduce heat and stir, the anchovies will melt into a paste
3. stir in the spinach and saute for about 3-4 minutes
4. then add pasta with a little of the cooking water to form a sauce and some freshly ground pepper
So who cooks with Anchovies?