Here's an old post with tips and a fun picture of her with food all over the floor! and a you tube tutorial
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 2 large potatoes, cubed
- one bunch of spinach chopped or a bag
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger/garlic paste
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- olive oil
- salt to taste
- saute the ginger/ garlic paste, with a little olive oil, add onion and cumin seeds for a few minutes
- then add the turmeric, and potatoes stir fry for 3 minutes add a lid and about 1/2 cup of water and cook/steam for 5 minutes
- then little by little add the spinach it will reduce down
- then add the masala powder, salt to taste and continue to cook 5- 10 minutes until soft.
This is a wonderfully simple Indian dish and super healthy it pairs beautifully with chapatti. We ate it with dal, okra and chapatti a fab vegetarian Indian meal.