We made rose milk recently, its a popular drink in India and a lot of friends and family members have fond memories of drinking it growing up. I brought some natural rose essence at the store and this drink sprang to mind, you can also buy rose syrup at the Indian store, although it has artificial coloring in it.
We had fun with this and called it Princess milk, I boiled some tapioca pearls let them sit in a little beet root juice to make them pink and used blended raspberries to get a healthy natural color. The pearls make it like bubble tea :-)
- 2 cups whole milk or lower percentage this was for my toddler
- a couple of drops of rose essence
- about 8 raspberries pureed
- a handful of tapioca pearls
- a little beet root juice
- sugar to taste about a tablespoon
- boil tapioca pearls for 10 minutes until soft and rinse, allow to sit in a little beet root juice for 5 minutes until pink and set aside
- add pureed raspberry and sugar to milk, with rose essence
- pour over tapioca pearls.
- enjoy with a little princess
she even put on a Princess dress to drink it :-)
Anyone got any more good recipe ideas for rose essence?