We made these simple shortbread cookies recently and had fun making different shapes and letters, what a fun way to learn baking and letters!
- 5 oz butter diced and a little extra for greasing
- 8 oz of plain flour and some for dusting
- 4 oz sugar
- one tablespoon of maple syrup
- grease a baking tray with butter
- sieve the flour and rub in the butter with fingers until it looks like bread crumbs
- stir in sugar and maple syrup and make a firm dough
- roll it out onto a floured surface to about 1 inch thickness
- have fun making different shapes
- bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden
- dust with confectioners sugar
What cookie cutter shape would you like?