This wonderfully simple dish was inspired by our visit to New Zealand, when we stayed the night on the sheep farm this was the appetizer our lovely host served us. The salmon paired beautifully with the avocado not sure why I hadn't thought of it before.
Its perfect for spring loaded with good fats and omega three fatty acids.
for 2 adults
- one avocado sliced
- about 5 strawberries sliced
- a little balsamic vinegar
- a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- two handfuls of mixed greens
- about 6 cherry tomatoes sliced
- about 3/4 of a pack of smoked salmon cut into sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- simple arrange chopped salad items on plate
- then drizzle with a little oil and vinegar
- and add salt and pepper to taste
Even our toddler ate a little avocado and salmon with cherry tomatoes :-)
This will be going into the Chow and Chatter recipe app update for sure, will start saving for that soon after the trip to the UK in May, I know we travel like crazy but have to before third trimester!
We are going to the UK to see our new nephew, Mum and Dad's and Grandparents. Then I will be grounded for a while he he
Have a great start to the Easter week :-)