I simply adore this time of year as the leaves change I have been taking pictures like crazy :-) and even our daughter asked to have her picture taken under a pretty fall tree. The vibrant colors bring a smile to our faces in fact over the last few years I have been making a conscious effort to focus on natures beauty, embrace it and savor each magical moment. The sunrises, sunsets, blossoms, vegetables growing in the garden, flowers and change of seasons. This practice really brings happiness and marvel at the world.
The little things are what life is all about, sipping tea on a cool day, cherishing the laughter of our kids, family and friends and being thankful.
As the seasons cool in this part of the world, soups and stews are wonderful here's a quick and healthy soup I made recently. The bok choy was sitting in the fridge and I thought why not add for flavor and of course extra nutrition.
- 2 cups of vegetable stock
- a dash of white wine
- about 2 tablespoon of butter
- 1/2 an onion chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- one pack of baby bella mushrooms
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley chopped
- one small bunch of bok choy chopped
- saute the onions and garlic in butter
- add the mushrooms saute for about 8 minutes then add bok choy allow to reduce down for about 4 minutes then add the parsley
- add parsley and stock and simmer for 20- 30 min
- blend until smooth
- season with salt and pepper and serve
Hope your all having a wonderful weekend