These dutch pancakes, also called pop overs or to this Brit sweet Yorkshire pudding make a wonderful brunch. Great for sharing and eagerly digging into as it comes out of the oven with a cup of coffee.
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sifted all purpose flour
- 1 Tbs confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup raspberries
- Confectioners’ sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 400
- Meanwhile mix eggs with flour and sugar until well blended.
- Add milk gradually and then vanilla. Add salt.
- Then add the raspberries and chocolate
- Melt butter in an 8-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat or an oven proof dish and add the mixture to it bake for about 20 minutes until golden and puffed
- sprinkle with confectioners sugar and enjoy
I just returned from a quick trip to Asheville, where I spoke on branding and social media to dietitians its hard to believe that I have spoken 6 times this year.
You may recall that I used to do the blog talk radio show and even may have interviewed some of you :-), well with one thing and another and the wee ones I was struggling to find time. A couple of weeks ago I figured why not start it up again, I really enjoy it I have done a show on British Food traditions, interviewed Jenny a farmer and communications expert for agchat and next week I am interviewing the cool Ozoz from Kitchen Butterfly. She is calling from Nigeria and we will discuss food blogging and Nigerian cuisine, feel free to share below idea's for questions.