Another dish I made New Years eve was bruschetta, I didn't think it would be amazing as tomatoes are not that great this time of year. But it turned out wonderfully and they were all gobbled up in no time at all. I even got away with a good quality can of fire roasted tomatoes as I didn't want to remove the skins. I think the technique of making the garlic baguettes made this dish shine.
- one can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup of freshly chopped basil
- one fresh baguette sliced
- mix the tomatoes with olive oil, salt and basil and keep in fridge for about an hour
- rub the cloves of garlic over each slice of baguette to get the essence onto it, drizzle with a little olive oil
- then toast on a hot grill pan
- add a little of the tomato to each and serve
- enjoy :-)
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone. Our poor wee Jasmine has been under the weather today with a fever and bad cough lots of TLC and movies, praying she makes a speedy recovery and little Roshan doesn't get it.
And finally it would mean the world to me if you would consider voting for me for a Shorty award in #food, its a social media award related to twitter