This is a simple summer salad, and one that needs good tomatoes. I roasted eggplant and golden beets and added to sautéed tomatoes with garlic, fresh basil also makes it special.
Now is the time to savor the last of the summer tomatoes, on the farm we still have a few, fresh basil, cantaloupe, eggplant, okra and peppers but slowly we will transition into a fall garden.
- 2 medium eggplants cubed
- 3 small golden beets cubed
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 a small red onion diced
- If you have - a handful of chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil and a dash of balsamic vinegar
- any desired type of pasta
- a little grated parmesan
- heat the oven to 400, add the eggplant and beets with a little olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper, roast for about 10-15 minutes until soft.
- meanwhile heat a little oil and saute the onion and garlic for a few minutes, add the tomato and let it reduce down to a sauce.
- then add salt and pepper to taste, the roasted vegetables and basil.
- mix with pasta and enjoy.
- season with parmesan.
I have sold a few sunflower bouquets from the farm, so enjoyed sharing these beautiful flowers and hope to grow them again next year.
My first cantaloupe