We love soups at our house in fact it is something my hubby asks me to make, the beauty of using in season produce is that flavor will be at its peak, and using a simple recipe the ingredients will shine.
I made this one in the spring when new potatoes were in season one of my favorite farmers at the Tanglewood market had picked the potatoes a couple of hours before they tasted so fresh and earthy.
- a small bowl of new potatoes
- a handful of fresh parsley and oregano
- 1/2 an onion chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- a little knob of butter
- 2 small carrots chopped
- a bunch of fresh spinach
- a handful of frozen or fresh corn.
- heat a little butter and saute the onions and the garlic for about 6 minutes
- then add the spinach a little at a time letting it reduce down
- add the potatoes, carrots and corn with about 2-3 cups of water and turn down to a simmer for about 10 minutes until the potatoes are soft
- add the fresh herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
- this soup didn't need any stock the wonderful vegetables and garden fresh herbs gave it flavor.
Love this picture of our little Princess eating in season fresh tomatoes really can be eaten as apples.
Soon we are headed to the UK to visit family, touring the UK seeing Grandparents, brothers and sisters and cousins we are excited. Be sure to follow along on social media, the facebook page, twitter and vine and join in our adventure.
Hope your having a wonderful summer