This is a really simple and tasty dish and makes a great side. Its cooked with spices and has a nice kick to it. We have recently planted our spring garden and have so far added - lettuce, spinach, Swiss chard, peas and beans its an exciting time of year with the glorious fresh green leaves and rain showers.
We had a wonderful time planting the plants with the kids at my daughters elementary school on earth day. One little girl said that " I love this class" its truly wonderful getting kids involved in gardening especially with vegetables and fruits its a gift. Gardening and simply being in nature allows us to soak up its beauty and inspire us to look after it.
- 5 small potatoes boiled and chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 an onion chopped
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- a pinch of mustard seeds and a pinch of cumin seeds
- salt to taste
- a bunch of spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon of curry powder
- cook the potatoes and keep to one side
- heat a little oil and pop the mustard seeds with the cumin, add the onions and garlic and saute until a little brown
- add the potatoes and spinach, a little at a time using a lid to let it reduce down
- mix in the salt and curry powder sampling to get the taste and heat to your level.
- Serve with dal and rice or chapatti
Have a lovely weekend everyone