Not long ago I visited a cool wee cafe in Greensboro NC called Nazareth cafe, the owner is from Nazareth and serves kebabs, hummus, baba gannoush and special coconut cookies from his home town. They also bake fresh pita bread so I happily got some and brought it home. It was one of those evenings with not much in the house, you know the time when you really need to go grocery shopping and I came up with this. It was easy to make and surprisingly good, it makes a great light meal or would be a good packed lunch.
- one can of tuna
- 1/2 a green pepper diced
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- one small tomato chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon masala powder
- salt to taste
- 1/2 a red onion chopped
- heat a little oil and sauté the onions and garlic for about 3-5 minutes, add the green pepper for another 2 minutes
- then add the tomatoes and let it reduce down
- add the tuna, salt and masala powder, cook for another few minutes and add to pita bread
Fingers crossed America will warm up in the next few days, sending warm hugs to those up North who had the cold air the worst.