This is my new favorite thing to make, I have made it a few times recently, simple and full of flavor, what chow and chatter is all about. Farro is an ancient type of wheat high in protein, B vitamins, vitamin E, magnesium, selenium and, of course, fiber. Its easy to cook and has a nice nutty flavor, it can also be made into a risotto, I made one with pancetta and shitake recently. Any seasonal vegetables can be roasted to add, I used lots of wonderful spring asparagus.
- one bunch of asparagus chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- one small eggplant chopped
- one small zucchini chopped
- one tablespoon of good balsamic vinegar
- a drizzle of olive oil
- a little salt and pepper
- one cup of uncooked farro, about 2 cups cooked.
1. cook the farro as per instructions and keep to one side
2. chop the vegetables and add to a baking sheet on parchment paper, add balsamic, salt and pepper and olive oil, then bake at 400 for 15-20min
3. once the vegetables have cooked mix with the farro
4. this wonderful salad can be eaten hot or cold.
the hands of one of my darling taste testers
Have a great weekend everyone ;-)