As summer winds down and we move into fall, you may be on the last of the local corn in your community. This is a simple garden salad, that allows fresh summer corn to shine. I do think it will also work well with frozen corn so no worries.
- 2 corn on the cob cooked with the kernels removed.
- 1/2 a red onion finely chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes chopped
- a handful of fresh cilantro chopped
- 10 small banana peppers chopped. If you garden I recommend these they are mild in flavor and easy to grow.
- a dash of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- a pinch of cumin
- one medium cucumber chopped
- cook corn and remove the kernels.
- add all the ingredients to a big bowl and mix.
- eat as a light lunch or as a side dish.
In other news I sold a few flowers to a local produce store. I also sold fresh herbs to a couple of local restaurants, so happy the farm is coming along nicely, slowly but surely.
Farm fresh herbs.
Hope your well, hugs.