I made these little cupcakes for valentines with our girl, they are a chocolate cake with a little coffee in them and a coffee icing. Fun little treat :-) This cake was lovely and moist getting close to my Grandma's chocolate cake which is legendary, one tip she always would give is to use a good baking flour.
2 medium eggs
4 oz of self raising flour (the same weight of the eggs)
4 oz of butter, softened
4 oz sugar
1/4 of a cup of cold coffee
1 teaspoon of cocoa powder
- make a cup of coffee and allow it to cool
- mix the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
- add the eggs and the flour, I used a light cake flour
- add about 1/4 cup of the coffee and the cocoa
- add to baking cups and bake at 350 for 10 minutes until a knife comes out clean
- for the icing mix about 1/4 a cup of coffee with confectioners/icing sugar until you get a paste pour over the cupcakes and allow it to set.
- I garnished these with a couple of almonds when you put them together they look like a heart :-)
snow drops I saw on a recent walk, love these flowers one of springs gifts, the weather has been topsy turvy here recently in the 60's yesterday and 30's tomorrow with possible freezing rain hope its not another snow day as these are eating into the summer holidays.
But spring will win :-)
could't resist sharing this sweet picture of big sister reading to her little brother. It's really magic to see and hear her read, amazing to think I started this blog when she was a little baby she is now in kindergarten and reading, thanks for sharing it all with me.
a star magnolia I adore these tree's this one is in Tanglewood park, clemmons
now doesn't that make you smile :-)