Pumpkins are the perfect vegetable super healthy, and they blend so well for a wonderful thick and flavorful soup, this soup is made from a butternut squash and blue hubbard squash and has a fun kick with the addition of curry powder.
- one small blue hubbard squash
- one small butternut squash
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- one small onion chopped
- 3 cups of vegetable stock
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon of masala, curry powder amount depends on desired heat
- pistachios to garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- a pinch of cumin powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- cut the squash in half and place in an oven proof dish with a little water roast for about 20 min at 400 until soft, when cooked allow to cool and dice.
- heat a little olive oil and saute the onions, ginger and garlic for 3-4 minutes
- then add the squash pieces with the stock, cumin and curry powder turn down to a simmer for 20 minutes
- then blend the soup, season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with pistachio nuts
tis the season for lovely warming soups :0)
I am interviewing Matt Long from Land Lopers on Blog talk radio this Thursday 10.30am EST he is one of my favorite travel bloggers and through hard work and talent now living his dream as a travel writer, he has been to 7 continents and 60 countries. Feel free to call in or drop me a line with questions.
Have a wonderful week everyone