Saffron is one of those wonderful spices that is very expensive and something I often wonder how to use. I have seen this drink on a few Indian blogs over the years and since I had recently bought some saffron I decided to give it a try. Its an easy and elegant drink, the slightly bitter and delicate saffron flavor is well balanced with the sweet milk, cardamon and sugar.
- one cup of Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup of warm milk
- 5-6 saffron strands
- a pinch of ground cardamon
- a few almonds or any nut to garnish
- a handful of ice cubes
- a little milk to obtain desired consistency
- one tablespoon sugar
- heat a little milk in the microwave to warm and add the saffron to it, it will diffuse and color the milk
- add the yogurt, saffron infused milk, cardamon powder and sugar to a blender and blend until frothy
- then add a little milk if too thick
- garnish with nuts and a little more saffron.
- for fun garnish with an edible flower
I made some bedding and wee pillows for our daughters dolls house today :-) also be sure to connect with me on Vine for fun 6 second cooking clips, crafts and daily life love this app.
Have a wonderful start to the week, look forward to visiting all your blogs and seeing all the festive recipes