This is a wonderful recipe, a simple roast fish that can be made in a jiffy. Its healthy and quick, and combined with salad, vegetables and quinoa or rice makes a delightful meal. Trout is a great source of Omega 3 fatty acids the same found in its cousin salmon. Rainbow trout is native to North America and is well stocked its also a beautiful looking fish.
- 2 rainbow trout, they are pretty small fish
- 4 cloves of garlic slices
- one Meyer lemon sliced
- one small blood orange sliced
- a handful of fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- a drizzle of olive oil for each fish
- stuff the fish with the basil, citrus and drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper
- roast at 400 for 10-15 minutes
Although whole fish can be expensive over all you get more for the money I feel and often have leftovers, just something to consider.
As I type this my heart and prayers go to folks in the North East affected by Sandy, thankfully most folks seem to be safe but many are without power, and have had quite the scare. Sending a virtual hug and a warm meal to my friends there.