This is a simple salad, using figs from my garden and salad greens and tomatoes from my farm. My little fig tree that is about 5 years old, produced weeks of amazing figs and saved us money buying them. If you live in a region that gets colder winters its good to plant a fig tree close to your house so it gets a little micro climate.
for one plate-
- 1-2 figs sliced
- a generous handful of mixed salad greens, my mix has arugula, lettuce, spinach, mizuna and pea shoots.
- one small tomato sliced
- a few slices of cucumber
- a dash of balsamic vinegar
- a dash of extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- a few pieces of feta cheese
- chop all of the salad ingredients
- add to the plate arrange, drizzle with oil and vinegar and add feta
Aren't simple in season salads the best?