Watermelon is so good in Salsa, be sure to make some before summer ends. This melon was bought in the country near Ladybird farm in Yadkin county North Carolina at a cute roadside place on an honor system. You can see a little clip below. Its a beautiful area with rolling hills, cows, horses and farms. If you ever want to visit my farm your always welcome.
- one cup of diced watermelon
- a handful of cilantro chopped
- a dash of olive oil
- one large heirloom tomato
- 1/4 of a red onion diced
- 2 banana peppers diced and if desired a jalapeño for heat
- one small cucumber diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- a pinch of cumin
- chop the ingredients above
- then simply combine and mix them all, enjoy as salsa with chips or as a healthy side. I actually added some as I poached salmon it was delicious.