I just adore hummus and wonder why I don't make it more, there's a great local restaurant near Tanglewood park called Tanglewood Pizza Co. that make a great red pepper hummus this is inspired by theirs. Its easy to make and is great as a light snack or with other Middle Eastern foods, the day I made this I also made tabouleh and grilled vegetables.
- one can of chick peas
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 red pepper sliced
- a dash of balsamic vinegar
- a pinch of sesame seeds (tahini would be best but I didn't have any)
- a dash of olive oil
- a little lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- heat the oven to 400
- slice the red pepper and add to a baking tray with the garlic a little olive oil, balsamic vinegar, the garlic and a little salt and pepper, roast for 10-15 minutes until slightly charred.
- add a can of chick peas to a blender with the roasted red pepper, a little lemon juice, more oil, sesame seeds and water as needed to get desired consistency,
A lovely sunset recently I just adore them, the kids are off for the summer so busy with them and we have some travel coming up, stay connected on social media I will share the journey :-) '